The following has been adapted to Basic calling, although Courtesy Turn and hence RLT is restricted to normal couples.
- Make sure the floor is completely messed up, for example by calling some "if you want to" calls.
- Dance into Starting DPT formation.
- Getting the girls into the center:
- If you are a boy and in the center: Zoom (others step fwd).
- Centers RLT.
- Repeat 1
- Centers Rollaway.
- Repeat 1 thru 3.
- If you are a boy and in the center: GET OUT OF THERE! (This is a joke… the boys must be out of the center if the dancers followed the directions to this point.)
- Dance into normal Starting DPT. (Even though you are in a normal DPT position, dance them a little at this point and then get them back into a DPT position.)
- Getting the Sides into the center:
- If you area a Head and in the center: Zoom (others step fwd.).
- Centers RLT.
- Repeat 1.
- If you are a Head and in the center: GET OUT OF THERE! (This is a joke… the Heads must be out of the center if the dancers followed the directions to this point.)
- Getting an 8 Chain Thru formation, outsides with original partners, centers not:
- Centers, if you are looking directly at your original partner: 2 Ladies Chain (or equivalent).
- Centers, if you have your original partner beside you: 2 Ladies Chain (or equivalent).
- Centers Pass Thru.
- Getting known sequence:
- Tell the dancers, "This is the most difficult part!"
- If you are looking at your original corner: Centers California Twirl & Pass Thru.
(You do this to create an illusion. The dancers who are looking at their original corner think they have succeeded. So, you put them on the other side of the square so that everyone on the floor is now thinking they will never make it!)
- Resolve, for example: Square Thru 3, Trade By, AL.
last Update: 10.12.1999